To help you get a rough idea, you can view some of the estimated costs for the services Original Sumner Online Content (OSOC) provide.
All online content is different, so giving an exact amount of costs without discussing what you’d like is difficult. You may find that there are options available that would help you get more from your online content, for example, using a tailored online form instead of your email address for people to contact you, using an online booking form or taking payments online.
There are a number of costs for designing and running a website.
Designing a website
Whichever type of website you’d like, designing it properly takes time.
- Example content: Information pages and contact form
- Recommended for: Individuals, trades and weddings
- Estimated cost: £200 to £500
- Example content: Information pages, contact form, other online forms and basic online facilities.
- Recommended for: Schools, sports teams, town and community councils and trades
- Estimated cost: £500 to £1,000
- Example content: Information pages, online forms, product pages, online facilities.
- Recommended for: Businesses looking to sell products online
- Estimated cost: £1,000 and over
Running a website
There are costs to running a website which you should think about when planning how much you can spend.
Domain names vary in cost according to their type and the more popular the name, the more expensive it will be.
Estimated cost: £3 to £20 a year
Every website needs to be hosted on a server so that it’s available on the internet to users and customers. We used shared website hosting, which is where multiple sites are hosted on a single server.
Estimated cost: £125 a year
Almost every website needs regular updates or changes. I always try and make maintaining content as easy as possible with any website I design. You might want to add more pages or sections after your website is up and running.
Estimated cost: £35 an hour. Support packages are available.
Social media and Blogs
OSOC can help you with your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn accounts by;
- Giving advice on which social media platform would be most beneficial to you
- Recommending how and when to post
- Creating videos
- And more
Help with blogs can be mean a variety of things such as advice on a post, designing a blog and more.
Estimated cost: £35 an hour.
Find out more about website costs: